Tuesday, August 01, 2006

More Bad News: Elijah Dukes Suspended Indefinitely
And the hits just keep on comin'...Elijah Dukes who was slated to return from a 5-game suspension tonight has been suspended by the Devil Rays indefinitely, pending an investigation. Dukes had been suspended by the IL after being ejected by an umpire for arguing balls and strikes. In fact a couple of telling quotes in the Baseball America article suggest that Dukes' days with the Devil Rays organization may be numbered.

I have no idea when or if I'll be back...I packed up all my stuff and I'm headed home. To be honest, I don't even know about baseball anymore. Everything is just wearing on me and this year has just been so frustrating. I'm trying to keep my nose clean and keep to myself, but things just keep getting turned around. I'm tired of it. -Elijah Dukes

I just don't know about baseball anymore...All this stuff keeps following me and now this. I'm tired of it. I don't know if I'm coming back or what. I don't know about the Fall League. I don't know about anything other than I'm going home. -Elijah Dukes
Dukes also now claims that he was misquoted in the USA Today article that has caused such an uproar among Devil Rays' executives.

Does this mean that Dukes may be considering a return to football? He is only 22, and probably could secure a scholarship from a small school. What it does mean is that the logjam of outfielders in the D-Rays system, may now be thinner by one.

Is Dukes done? [Baseball America]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good riddance. Let him go out into the real world and see how it goes for him.

What a complete and total jackass this guy appears to be.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home