Wednesday, June 11, 2008

[HI-FIVES ARE SO 20th CENTURY]
The Fist Bump: All The Cool Kids Are Doing It



This video is a bit dated and comes via Deadspin. Quite frankly we are not sure why we never ran it (we blame DRG) as it has been sitting on the RAYSHEADS Facebook page for quite some time. But somebody put together a video in which they examine the history of the "Fist Bump". Several members of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays make appearances in the clip, including Stuart Sternberg, Joe Maddon, Jonny Gomes and Carl Crawford who claims he wouldn't be where he is today without the fist bump.

Also, Papa Joe explains to us how it went down the first time somebody tried to fist bump him...a story that we are sure most of us can relate to.
"Well the first time I was introduced to the fist bump, I didn't really know what to do. He stuck his hand out to me and I didn't know if he was going to hit me or if I was supposed to grab it or latch on to it."
The Tampa Bay Rays Educate You On The Fist Bump [Deadspin]

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did it cause I thought it was cool, now I'm addicted

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dated? what gave it away? maybe the green uniforms?

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This video is a bit dated

duh. everybody knows you aren't doing it right these days unless you "blow it up"

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Well the first time I was introduced to the fist bump, I didn't really know what to do. He stuck his hand out to me and I didn't know if he was going to hit me or if I was supposed to grab it or latch on to it."

Thats so funny, I can pictured Papa Joe would be like what the hell??

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home