Phillies Fans On Edge
Click on above images to be taken to full standings, box scores or schedule...
Just the links this morning and we will be off the grid most of the day. We will be back this evening with a "RIGO!", so we will see you then...
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA...
- We are having a hard time finding a link but we heard from several sources that Joe Maddon said after game 5 was suspended that he was well-aware of the rule that the World Series would not have ended had the game been suspended with the Phillies in the lead. However, Maddon made it clear that he did not inform the players of this because he wanted them playing with a sense of urgency.
- Jonny Gomes when he was a paper boy. [Pearls of Wisdom] [via Bugs and Cranks]
- Jorge Ortiz of USA Today breaks down how the rest of Game 5 will be managed. [USA Today]
- Marc Lancaster reported that as of game time last night it was not raining and had not rained in a couple of hours. He does mention that the conditions (cold, wind) would have made last night an unpleasant time to try and play baseball. [Rays Report]
- David Lennon of Newsday says the Phillies have every reason to be upset but that they won't have any problem moving past it as the players follow the lead of their manager, Charlie Manuel. [Newsday]
- Sam Donnellon of the Philadelphia Inquirer says Philadelphia is ready to lay all the blame at the feet of Bud Selig if the Phillies lose the World Series...Way to have confidence in your team guys. [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Or maybe they will just blame God. [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Or as Mike Lopresti of USA Today puts it, the "gods must be crazy" as Bud Selig's no-win situation was just the latest in a very odd World Series. [USA Today]
- John Romano wonders if destiny is indeed on the Rays' side. [St. Pete Times]
- Tyler Hissey says BJ Upton's postseason has helped many to forget their criticisms from the regular season. [Rays Digest]
- David Chalk of Bugs and Cranks has a plan to save the World Series. [Bugs and Cranks]
- The World Series umpires chat-it-out in "The Dugout". [Fanhouse]