Chaos Engulfs The Red Sox Nation Bandwagon
The general rallying cry right now in the Pink Hat Nation is that the Red Sox have been down before. 3-0 to the Yankees, 3-1 to the Indians last year. In other words, instead of discussing what is wrong with the Sox or *gasp* that the Rays might actually be a better team, the fans still just assume that this team will win with the status quo. Somebody remind us when the World Series became a Boston birthright.
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA...
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA...
- Should the Rays host a game 6 and/or game 7 in the ALCS (Rays could still clinch in Boston, how sweet would that be?) the tarps will be removed from the upper deck adding 5,762 seats to the capacity. Originally this was only to happen in any potential World Series games. [MLB]
- How delusional are Red Sox fans? At least one thinks the Red Sox are Rocky in this series. [SawxBlog]
- The first sign that a population has exceeded carrying capacity? Turning on your own. In this case the population is The Red Sox Nation Bandwagon. And they are turning on their own...This will get worse before it gets better, and by worse we of course mean "better for us". [Barstool Sports]
- There were a lot of empty seats in at the end of game 3 in Fenway...Hmm? We thought the Rays fans were on the bandwagon and "fickle". [Boston Dirt Dogs]
- We have argued this before...How is Cliff Lee a better comeback story than Rocco Baldelli. That voting was the equivelant of Jack Nicholson and Keanu Reaves co-starring in Speed 3 and giving the Academy Award for Best Actor to Reaves. [Bugs and Cranks]
- Tim Keown of ESPN.com is praying for the Rays and Phillies to win their LCS, knowing full well that the media coverage for a Dodgers-Red Sox series is something none of us will be able to stomach. [ESPN]
- Here is the problem when your home town announcers are homers. When you watch an unbiased national broadcast you think everybody is against you. Case in point: "All series (and the last one), [TBS has been doing] the same thing: Here's what the Rays have to do to succeed, here's what the Red Sox can do to fail. Surely people are noticing this."...Don't get us wrong. We love Jerry Remy and Don Orsillo. Even though they are always rah-rah for the Red Sox, we never seem to mind as they still tend to be fair in their analysis, unlike many others *cough* Hawk Harrelson *cough*. But Remy and Orsillo are biased and by comparison everybody else will seem anti-Red Sox. [Red Sox Fan from Pinstripe Territory]
- Scott Dohmann, who appeared in 12 games for the Rays this season, has been granted free agency. Dohmann was designated for assignment by the Rays in May, accepting an assignment to triple-A. Dohmann recorded 20 saves in 33 appearances for Durham. [Baseball America]