Monday, October 20, 2008

[HAPPY HOUR]
Red Sox Nation Waiting For Sox To Come Back From 4 Games To 3 Deficit

Somebody at the 4-letter thinks the Red Sox will now pull off the greatest comeback in the history of baseball, coming back from a 4 games to 3 deficit. Well, Bristol is in the heart of Red Sox Nation. (Thanks Brett).

We have now watched the 8th and 9th innings about a dozen times. One thing we didn't notice last night was the incredible play that Aki Iwamura made on the final out. The ball takes a wicked (pun intended) hop and nearly goes over Aki's head. If he misses that ball, it is first and third and things are suddenly very scary.

Also, let's not forget the one guy that has worn the Devil Rays/Rays uniform longer than anybody else and knows the pain of the first 10 years more than most, Scott Cursi. The Rays bullpen catcher has been warming up pitchers since 1999. Congrats Scott, you earned it.

Finally, last week we took exception when one Red Sox blogger wrote about Carl Crawford and his "gangster neck tattoo". This week, Red Sox bloggers are back at it. This time courtesy of Surviving Grady.
Especially that punk-ass Carl Crawford, who you know is just an injury away from boosting car stereos.
Stay classy Red Sox Nation.

(The image after the Webtopia is from the Boston Globe)

DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA...
  • Some photos from the game 7 celebration. [Tampa Tribune]
  • A recap of the game (with unfortunate appearance from Steve Harvey) from the guys at "The Dugout". [Fanhouse]
  • It is impossible to overstate exactly how big David Price was in game 7. [Big League Stew]
  • 10 reasons to watch the World Series. [SI.com]
  • One writer at Bugs and Cranks is bracing himself in anticipation of having to get a Rayhawk after losing a bet. [Bugs and Cranks]
  • Boston Irish will be rooting for the Phillies in the World Series because the Rays fan base "haven't exactly earned this as yet". They also hate the idea of all the "punk, spoilt, brash NBA star types" on the Rays being champs...Jonathon Papelbon? Something comes to mind about a pot and a kettle and grapes that may or may not be sour. [Boston Irish]
  • Apparently, the Rays were just practicing for these postseason celebrations back in May. [The Sports Hernia]
  • Coolest Rayhawk yet? [Deadspin]
  • Dick Vitale was his usual passive self last night...Ahh, who are we kidding, the dude went batshit crazy. [Bugs and Cranks]
  • Big League Stew debates whether Terry Francona stuck with Jason Varitek too long. [Big League Stew]
  • Jordi Scrubbings spoke to Sports On My Mind about the Rays, prior to game 7. [Sports On My Mind]
  • The cover of today's Boston Globe (thanks Scot). [Boston Globe]
  • The Rays may have ended the Red Sox captain's career in Boston. [Boston Score]

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our 'foot-in-mouth' post is coming on these Rays.

Same thing happened last year when we killed Eli all season.

3:19 PM  
Blogger The Professor said...

any chance we can get you guys to trash the Bucs with a post?

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoilt NBA types? Ugh...

I can't tell if that's just being bitter or racist. Seeing how it's Boston, I'd imagine it's a bit of both.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Brett Fox said...

I'm so honored to have a picture get posted on raysindex! I saw that last night on sports center, and sadly enough my first thought was- "I must send this to Cork"

Thanks for the awesome website, I've been following it all season and have sent all my fellow rays fans here. Keep up the good work!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, lose a series and Boston's true (racist and backwards) colors begin to show. They do know the Phillies have black players too, right?

11:43 PM  
Blogger DirtbagFan said...

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to a computer since the Rays made the impossible possible, but after much ado I get to add my 2 cents:

First and foremost-
i cried... not sobbing, but tear-filled eyes. Not since my Steelers (who made me wait my whole life)finally won Super Bowl XL had I cried, and at that time I figured no other sport could possibly conjur up that sort of emotion in me... I was wrong, the Rays mad a grown man cry!

Second,
Cork (and DRG), two and a half years ago when I figured that I'd give these Devil Rays a chance you guys (through RI) educated me very quickly and efficiently on everything I ever wanted to know in the Rays-i-verse. And over that time-frame if ever I missed a game- either on TV or in person (I think maybe a total of 15-20 games over those 2.5 years) it was here that I came for the details, not MLB or Rays.com... so THANK YOU, you made it very easy to be a Devil Rays fan even when the Devil Rays made it very hard.

Third:
Red Sox nation, thank you for letting us win... we appreciate this gesture.

Enjoy your clam chowder and crow...

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home