Price Not A Candidate To Close In '09
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA...
- Not sure this needed to be clarified but Andrew Friedman made it clear yesterday that David Price will be a starting pitcher in 2009 and is not a candidate to be a closer. [MLB]
- Rays Prospects takes another look at how starting pitchers throughout the organization pitched in 2008. This time we see that Andy Sonnanstine and James Shields both pitched within the range of major league #1 starters, while Edwin Jackson was no better than an average #5...We've mentioned this before. Sonny was clearly the better pitcher in 2008 (it wasn't even close). But the question for the Rays and for other teams looking to trade for a starting pitcher is: How good will Jackson be moving forward? Sonny is probably as good as he is going to get. And as we can see, that is pretty darned good. Jackson still has plenty of room for improvement and could be better than Sonny down the road, but will he be? [Rays Prospects]
- Her Rays is back with another installment of "Rays as Leading Men" in chick flicks. This time it is "Sweet Home Alabama" with Jason Bartlett and Rocco Baldelli...Ahhh, wasn't Bryant so adorable. But we think Jessica got the wrong character for Rocco, considering Rocco and Ethan Embry were "seperated at birth." [Her Rays]
- Here is Marc Lancaster's ballot for AL MVP. [Rays Report]
- Here is the first 2009 MLB Mock Draft we have seen. With the 30th pick, MyMLBDraft.com projects the Rays to take Josh Phegley, a catcher from Indiana. Who? Exactly. [MyMLBDraft]
- Rise of the Rays takes a closer look at the change in ticket prices for 2009. [Rise of the Rays]