Rays Leave Flexibility In Roster Following 40-Man Roster Additions
DEVIL DOGS WEBTOPIA...
- Yesterday, the Rays added Wade Davis, Jake McGee and Dale Thayer to the 40-man roster. The moves give the Rays 39 players on the 40-man roster.This is significant because with an open slot on the 40-man roster, the Rays will be able to make a selection in the upcoming Rule 5 draft. Given the Rays need for help in the bullpen and the current nature of the payroll (it's high) it would not surprise us to see the Rays select a player with a real shot at being on the roster all season. The Rule 5 draft will be held December 11. [Rays Index]
- The Rays released the schedule of games for their first Spring Training at Charlotte Sports Park. The first game will be a home game on February 25 versus the Reds at 1:05. [The Heater]
- David Chalk of Bugs and Cranks continues his latest "Ain't S#!t" series comparing other nominees to Joe Maddon for Sports Illustrated's "Sportsman of the Year" award. [Bugs and Cranks]
- David Chalk of Bugs and Cranks points out there is precedent for a coach to win Sports Illustrated's "Sportsman of the Year" award. [Bugs and Cranks]
- The various Rays prospects in the Arizona Fall League have concluded their season. Biscuit Crumbs has the final stats. [Biscuit Crumbs]