Thursday, January 08, 2009

[THE PROFESSOR]
Yes, We Will Be Appearing In The Season Premiere Of 'Friday Night Lights'

The Tampa Bay Rays came a long way in one year, and now their fan base is everywhere.

The above image is a screen capture from next week's season premier of "Friday Night Lights" (here is a slightly larger version). That handsome fella on the right side of the screen is your local Tampa Bay Rays blogger, me (you can see a reverse angle below). I play a reporter during a preseason press conference. The episode will air next Friday (Jan. 16) at 9:00pm et on NBC.

This is not my first foray into television, although it is my most prominent. I once even appeared as a basketball referee (of all things) in an episode of "Ultimate Road Trip" on the Yankees' Yes Network.

I must admit that I did find some humor in appearing on a television show based on a book authored by Buzz Bissinger, considering his very public disdain for blogs. We wonder what his reaction would be if somebody were to mention this to him. We hope it would be laced with explicatives. But more likely he just wouldn't care.

So there it is...If I follow the same meteoric rise of the Rays, by this time next year I will be starring in a Hollywood blockbuster. Unfortunately I would have to die in the final scene.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger kyle said...

haha....congrats!

that's fairly awesome.

1:47 PM  
Blogger The Professor said...

"fairly awesome"

i think that is the best description i have heard yet.

thanks

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, there goes your shot at being the Deadspin editor. which in turn means no WS title for the Rays. hope it was worth it.

but seriously. congrats. pretty cool

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice choice of show too. Better than ending up on Gossip Girl!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really know you're arrived when Jessica from HerRays features you in her version of a movie! Keep dreamin!

3:38 PM  
Blogger IRONPIGPEN said...

"David Price Should Pitch In AAA This Season"

lvironpigs.wordpress.com

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats Cork, I have heard the show is great, but have only read the book myself. Maybe a cameo appearance on The Office is next...if you have any FJM hook ups...

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're kind of a big deal aren't cha. kudos. now back to my mourning...

9:02 PM  
Blogger Alex DeLarge said...

Nice! How'd you wind up with that gig? Audition or did you know someone?

10:42 PM  
Blogger The Professor said...

little of both. thanks

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to be a dead body on CSI?

- bossmanjunior333

11:19 PM  
Blogger The Professor said...

Funny you mention that. Might have something like coming up. Only a different show and I am the guy that finds the body.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do tell. I have to say im jealous. I did acting in hs and have been told all my life I should have gone into comedy or tried out for SNL. I guess I have that natual goofy appeal that always makes people laugh for stupid reasons. Im sure my humor translates very well through blogging haha.

btw, as a gator grad, i just have to say GO GATORS! MOTHER FUCKING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, BABY!

- bossmanjunior333

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to also mention that when I was working in nyc at nbc, I actually had a chance to go out drinking with christopher meloni from Law and Order SVU. Unfortunately, I forgot to check my cell and found out after it was too late. I was pissed.

- bossmanjunior333

12:51 AM  
Blogger DirtbagFan said...

next time you'll have to do some sort of secret gesture (like touch your nose) as a shout out to your faithful RI readers.

Conrats.

9:38 AM  
Blogger GM-Carson said...

Congrats. My wife and I love that show, one of the best on television in my opinion.

Thanks for the "Wrong Brothers" plug on MLBTR...even though you think my Phils are phrauds.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Really, congrats. That's pretty cool.

By the way, this is the first time I've seen your site, and its pretty cool. Good work.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home